Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bloatation

I prefer, "This is my dentist, McGillicuddy."

I wonder if it's possible to have a job that is enjoyable while at said job, but I wouldn't think about it/worry about it/stress about it at other times. If so, I hope I find this job someday. Work is weird. I'm feeling a combination of apathy (for the tasks I hate), longing (for the tasks that are no longer on my plate), freaked out (that the government might eliminate AmeriCorps funding because that's the main reason I have this job), and like I'm in way over my head - that I couldn't possibly move into any other position simply because I don't have the knowledge/experience. I think this is the most depressing part - because it didn't used to feel that way. When the place was smaller, there were so many opportunities. Oh well. It is what it is.

I quit "the gym" recently. I'd been going there for just over 7 years - but I hadn't been using it as regulary because it's not as convenient to my work or our house. Hard to justify the expense if I don't go. And so, I've joined a gym closer to home. I can bike there. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait for spring. It's just around the corner, I can feel it.

Met with our landscape designer tonight. A little overwhelming but exciting. Closing on our renovation loan tomorrow. Exciting but overwhelming for sure. We've got a decent amount of work to do before the insulating can begin. We're both looking forward to paying some contractors to do some things - though after meeting w/ the landscape designer, we're not sure if that's exactly how that part will work out. Hope so though.

If you own season 4 of Thirtysomething, you should probably send it to us. Lame ol' netflix only has a handful of the episodes on instant download & they don't have the discs... What's that about?!

And now, I'm off to watch some Paul & Jaime.

No comments: